In the name of Allah, the All-Compassionate, the All-Merciful.
So, I survived my dastardly long work week with a jump shift in the middle of it!
Well done, Huda!
Yup, I decided that my new workplace should address me as Huda because nobody is called ‘Huda’ there. Hahaha!
I received very encouraging feedback about my work performance throughout the week, which is very nice! ^_^
I’m really enjoying the vibes on level 1 of my workplace, where I’m situated at. Level 2’s vibes ain’t for me and to a certain extent, I think I simply invoke frustration in the superiors there. So I am really grateful to be in an environment that suits me. Don’t get me wrong; level 1 superiors are still firm and uphold standards but I find that they have more of the human touch.
Just don’t take advantage of their kindness.
And they emphasised on the importance of each and every individual putting in 100% because they find it unfair that the reliable ones are loaded with more work in order to pull the weight of those who only put in 50%.
That was one of my biggest issues with my previous workplace. The reliable ones get piled with more and more work while those who kept saying “I don’t know” and “I don’t want” always get away with it and earn the same Staff Appraisal Review grade as those who put in the shift.
So to have that kind of mentality at my new workplace… is very much welcomed for me.
I know I said I’d like to keep up my writing consistency but hey man, working long hours while standing throughout and commuting while standing throughout does take a toll on one’s body.
Even my mom got to witness how swollen my feet were this morning. I gave up and tried using the Watsons’ feet hydrotherapy machine thingy but my feet still hurt a bunch right now as I’m typing this at 7.30pm plus.
Anyway, I begged the family to buy me a comfy pair of covered black shoes for my birthday this month. Trololol. I cannot take it anymore!
I am turning 28 on the 25th August. I don’t quite know what to feel about it because I’ve been wanting to completely ignore it…because I didn’t really see the cause of celebration for it.
However, right now, since I am in a good headspace and heartspace, I feel like having a ’28’ challenge.
Let’s just call it The 28 challenge. Hahaha! How creative! Basically, 28 things I want to do as a 28-year-old before I turn 29. HAHAHA!
- Read 28 books out of the ones listed in the 2017 Reading Challenge by POPSUGAR.
- Create 28 designs for Street MOB Clothing.
- Write 28 songs for Rubber Bandits.
- Achieve 28 sales for Street MOB Clothing.
- Write 28 articles for publications.
- Watch 28 films.
- Watch 28 television series.
- Listen to 28 songs I have never heard before.
- Exercise for 28 days.
- Go on 28 documented dates with le fiance.
- Wish 28 people a ‘Happy Birthday’.
- Write 28 letters to le fiance.
- Draw 28 portraits.
- Create 28 hand-lettering works.
- Present a photography collection of 28 photographs.
- Present a fashion collection of 28 looks.
- Produce 28 vlogs.
- Cook 28 dishes.
- Bake 28 pastries.
- Achieve $28 in savings.
- Visit 28 cafes.
- Watch 28 music videos I have never watched before.
- Watch 28 documentaries.
- Learn 28 new words in Bahasa Indonesia, Mandarin, and Tagalog respectively.
- Learn 28 new phrases in Bahasa Indonesia, Mandarin, and Tagalog respectively.
- Learn 28 new sentences in Bahasa Indonesia, Mandarin, and Tagalog respectively.
- Memorise 28 verses of the Quran and the meanings attached.
- Sing and record 28 covers.
There we go! Now that should be fun!
And Allah is Ash-Shakur, the Grateful. – MM
2 thoughts on “I Ramble: 6 August 2017”
Wow!!! Those are great goals!!! I can help you with #23 cause I have a bunch of dope documentaries that u should watch!!! Hahaha… I’m here to help u if need any… with music related stuff as well…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ahahaha! Yes, I remember you telling me about your fondness for documentaries! Thanks!