In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.
I was inspired by a book I read called How To Make It: 25 Makers Share The Secrets To Building A Creative Business by Erin Austen Abbott.
In the book, it introduces 25 creatives who run their own businesses and shares the ways they do so. What I really like about the book are these segments: A Day In The Life — detailing a typical day of the creative and Make Me A Mixtape: Inspiring Songs From The Studio — a list of 10 songs that the creatives often listen to in their studio.
I will post the MM version of A Day In The Life whenever I feel like getting to it but for today, let’s whip up a mixtape!
- Slaptop, “Sunrise”
2. Arctic Monkeys, “Do I Wanna Know?”
3. Kwabs, “Walk”
4. Lacuna Coil, “Nothing Stands In Our Way”
5. Alter Bridge, “Metalingus”
6. Linkin Park, “Roads Untraveled”
7. Slipknot, “Before I Forget”
8. Oomph!, “Auf Kurs” / “On Course”
9. Tokio Hotel, “Durch Den Monsun” / “Monsoon”
10. A Perfect Circle, “Passive”
Now that I’m looking at the result of my finalised mixtape… damn, I’m still emo!
And Allah is Al-Waasi’, The All-Encompassing. – MM