The Highs And Lows Part 3; I Ramble: 13 December 2020

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

We’ve covered what happened from Monday to Wednesday. This post is about Thursday.

Thursday was a good day. It had a completely different air to it. It really made up for the shitty work days on Tuesday and Wednesday. I wasn’t on duty that day so I decided to utilise my time to get some Smiling Greens work done. It was a little hectic for me.

I woke up at 8am and I was rushing through designs throughout the morning. I had to stop at noon though. I actually promised my sister, Hidayah, that I would go to my Tampines house in the morning to learn how to make stickers from her so that I can get some sticker samples for G Hustler while attaining the knowledge of doing so. But I arrived in the afternoon instead. Abah and Umi bought Nasi Ambeng from Crave so I spent some time eating their leftovers, which was still too huge of a portion for me. Then I finally got around to the sticker-making. Such sorcery, man. The colours on the stickers looked fantastic! I must say, now that I think about it, I did a pretty good job! Gotta pat myself on the back, man!

I was happily cutting out the stickers when G Hustler texted me around 3pm saying he would be arriving shortly to pick me up to get supplies together. Initially, I wanted to get supplies at Bras Basah but since we were all in Tampines, it just made sense to stick to the malls in Tampines. So I quickly finished up and tidied up before he arrived. We were also supposed to take the bus. Not sure why he decided to drive his car when I don’t mind having to pay for Grab should we have too much stuff to carry as I was thinking of getting a printer. I later found out that it was his favourite car to drive so okay, muy bueno. Hahaha!

I suggested heading to Popular at Tampines Mall as we could get most of our supplies from there. I must say, it was the second time I experienced bad customer service from the franchise. I really wanted to have a look at the card papers and sticker papers but the staff hogged the entire aisle to replenish their stocks. As a retailer, I am able to understand the need to replenish but it was not like the items there are selling like hotcakes that they had to unpack right in front of the shelves and give dirty looks at us for trying to get stuff. The worst part is that the stock room is just behind those shelves. They definitely need a portable storage solution, which will allow them to unpack everything inside the stock room before bringing the stuff out to replenish.

That was the most dissatisfying part of our shopping, really. A time-waster too.

Anyway, we got what we need. To be honest, I fell in love with the Epson printer we got. The inking system made better sense to me. The model is L3110. I was just a tad stingy to not choose to pay $40 for wireless printing. Do I regret that? Not really. Do I regret selling the printer to G Hustler? Actually, I do. Hahaha!

After Popular, we had a look around in shops of interest to G Hustler and since Century Square is right beside, we had a look there too. I think our styles are similar. Like once we’re out of the house and at a destination, we might as well look around. Lugging a printer or not, can still window shop. Lol.

Good thing we went to Century Square because I managed to buy the retractable name tag holder at Mr DIY, which I was looking for on Monday!

Decided to try sourcing for a paper cutter at the stationery shop closer to the office afterwards. Couldn’t find it but we both still got to make a serendipitous purchase at Sheng Shiong. He needed alcohol and I needed shampoo and conditioner that’s meant for colour care. So that still turned out to be a fruitful trip!

Unfortunately, we didn’t manage to catch the sunset to capture the greens in its glory for our online media. We reached the office at close to 7pm. But that’s alright.

We got right down to work. I feel really sorry that we didn’t get to fully utilise the stuff we bought. I felt like it was a bit of a waste but he put things into perspective by saying that what we achieved in the end was worth it. We were supposed to try various ideas but in the end we pretty much struck gold in the first few attempts.

But I also think we were getting hungry after working in the office for about two hours. Kudos to us, the end products look really neat! I wonder what the reactions were to those. I’m pretty anxious to hear feedback! Anyway, we wrapped things up and headed out of the office for dinner.

At the dinner place, we somehow got on to the topic of what happened on Wednesday. At that point, a small part of me still believed that I was partly responsible for the entire hullabaloo. But when he shared his two cents, I could see the controlled anger in him. That was when I was finally convinced that I wasn’t the asshole in the entire storm. He reassured me and encouraged me to pour everything out to someone just to get it out of my system as how he had to me before. I kinda did, especially in the previous post but I’m certainly feeling a weight in my heart whenever I’m at work. I felt it today and it really made me more decisive.

He told me that I should invest myself in better causes and to pace myself at work. He was really kind as well to tell me to pace myself for Smiling Greens.

Which was how I ended up taking a break on Friday.

After dinner, he drove me home. I was feeling really sorry that I kept him occupied until late at night (it was after 9pm), especially when he needed to get the products to his dad. When we worked together in the past, he always got me home before sunset. I know hustlers are always busy and always appreciate having some quiet time to themselves when it gets draining. I hope I didn’t get in his way too much.

Anyway amongst his parting words that I remember are, “You’re a smart girl. You’ll figure it out.” But I couldn’t remember exactly what the context was! Hahaha!

Regardless of context, I’m pretty sure I’m not smart. But I’m damn sure I’ll figure it out with His Grace.

And Allah knows best. – MM


Author: Metropolitan Muslimah

Born 1989. Female. Metropolitan Muslimah. Songstress. Teacher in the Early Childhood Care and Education sector in Singapore. Gooner since the signing of Mesut Özil on 2 September 2013. We won two back-to-back FA Cups since. Made my first trip to the Emirates on 10 May 2015 followed by my first home game against Swansea City on 11 May 2015, which we lost 0-1.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: